Weekly Assignment 2: Article Analysis
Article: The PTSD Toolkit for Nursing: Assessment, Intervention, and Referral of Veterans
Background: With an increase in veterans in the patient population, nurses need to be familiar with PTSD symptoms and resources to best serve their patients. Read the assigned article and think about how the assessments and interventions described can also be applied to other patient populations as well. As nurses with various backgrounds, we also have to recognize that stress and traumatic events in our own lives and careers can impact our ability to practice safely. While this article specifically discusses Nurse Practitioners, the Registered Nurse is also responsible for assessing and intervening (or recommending interventions). Once you have read the article, answer the following questions.
1. What are some of the main causes of PTSD for military members and what are the main symptoms in these individuals?
2. What are the recommended interventions for patients with PTSD symptoms?
3. How can the nurse motivate patients to seek treatment?
4. What resources are available for individuals with PTSD?
5. How could you use the information from the article to identify, assess, and care for a patient with PTSD?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.