Using the McGraw-Hill Dataset in the Excel file, located here, complete the following tasks:
Task#1: Compute the mean number of home runs per game. To do this, first find the mean number of home runs per team. Next, divide this value by 162 (a season comprises 162 games); then multiply by 2 because there are two teams in each game. Use the Poisson distribution to estimate the number of home runs that will be hit in a game. Find the probability:
1) There are no home runs in a game.
2) There are two home runs in a game.
3) There are at least 4 home runs in a game.
1) The mean attendance per team for the season was 2.439 million, with a standard deviation of 0.618 million. Use the normal distribution to estimate the number of teams with attendance of more than 3.5 million. Compare that estimate with the actual number. Comment on the accuracy of your estimate.
2) The mean team salary was $121 million, with a standard deviation of $40.0 million. Use the normal distribution to estimate the number of teams with a team salary of more than $100 million. Compare that estimate with the actual number. Comment on the accuracy of your estimate.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.