Discussion Question 6 – CLOs 1, CLO 2, CLO 3, CLO 9, & CLO 11
You have been learning about the nonparametric methods and models and now please answer the following questions in detail by applying the knowledge that you have gained from readings and lectures. It is important to include hypothetical examples whenever applicable.
1. Describe the objective of non-parametric Mann-Whitney-Wilcoxon (MWW) test in comparing the median of a population with the median of another population. State the underlying assumptions. Explain formulation of the hypothesis, the test statistic, the rationale for rejecting the null, the criterion for choosing the critical points, possible test outcomes, and the criterion for evaluating the p value. Include both non-directional and directional hypotheses. Provide a hypothetical example of formulating hypotheses in comparing medians based on MWW tests.
2. Explicate the covariance between two numeric (ratio or interval) variables and its significance and define correlation between these two variables, and its significance, and provide a hypothetical example of evaluating covariance and correlation along with interpretations. State and explain if the correlation between two variables and simple regression are of the same nature. Describe the rank correlation, its purpose, and significance. Discuss why the rank correlation is bound between -1 and 1.
Activity 9 – CLO 1, CLO 2, CLO 3, CLO 9, CLO 11, CLO 12
Populations A and B are both measured in the same ordinal scale. A sample from these populations is taken which contains two (2) elements from A and three (3) elements from B. State all possible rank ordering of the elements in the sample. Under validity of the null hypothesis that the medians of the two populations are identical, assign probabilities for all possible values for the statistic in the MWW test on equality of the medians. For each value of the test statistic, state if the null hypothesis is rejected, and also evaluate the associated p value. Use 0.05 once and then 0.1 for significance level.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.