troduction to Operations Management – Week 8 Assignment
Rachel’s Breakfast Café
For the final project, read Rachel’s Breakfast Café from chapter 12 on page 450 and address the following questions. Excel document with the data for the case study is provided here.
1. Develop forecasts using regressions of sales on each of the series of rain forecasts, respectively. Calculate the MFE (bias), MAD, and MAPE for the two forecasting models. Which rain forecast seems to be better at predicting Rachel’s daily sales, the five-day forecast or the two-day forecast?
2. How can Rachel make use of the rain forecasts to improve her forecasts of total sales each day? What other changes to her business would she need to make in order to capitalize on this information?
3. How are order lead time and forecasting accuracy related to each other in this case?
4. Plot and visually inspect the sales data. What other suggestions would you give Rachel for improving her sales forecasts? What type of time series model would be appropriate? Why?
In addition to providing the data analysis in Excel or Microsoft Word document, you MUST submit a 10-15 minutes PowerPoint recorded presentation in which you provide details of your work and recommendations based on the data analysis and findings.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.