HUMAN MICROBIAL DISEASE
– Define Infectious disease
– Define Infection
– Define Primary Infection
– Define Secondary Infection
– Define Opportunistic Infection
– Define Accidental Infection
– Define Pathogenicity
– Define Virulence
– Define Virulence Factors
– Define Lethal dose
– Outline the 4 steps a pathogen must complete to cause an infectious disease
– What is the difference between direct and indirect transmission? Provide examples
– What is a common vehicle transmission? Provide examples
– What is the criteria for Airborne transmission? Provide examples
– What are 3 criteria about skin that makes it an effective barrier against microbes?
– What are 3 criteria about mucous membranes that makes it an effective barrier against
– List one example of how a pathogen might penetrate a skin or mucous membrane barrier
– Define Exotoxin and list at least 4 features they have
– Define Endotoxin and list at least 4 features they have
– List an example of a waterborne transmission disease
List an example of a airborne transmission disease
– List an example of a contact transmission disease
– List an example of a vector transmission disease
– Influenza virus has an envelope that contains 2 types of protein spikes. Name and
– Why are spike antigens good at evolving?
– Name 3 characteristics about latent and slow (persistent) Viral Infections
– How are viruses able to bring about cancer cell division?
– Describe the difference between Viruses and Retroviruses in regards to cancer
– What is a vaccination?
– Define Attenuated Vaccines
– Define Inactivated Vaccines
– Define Subunit Vaccines
– Define DNA Vaccines
– Define Cutaneous Mycoses and its effect in humans
THE CONTROL OF MICROORGANISMS
– Define Sterilization
– Define Bactericidal
– Define Bacteriostatic
– Describe sterilization by heat
– Describe sterilization by irradiation
– Describe sterilization by filtration
– What is disinfection?
– List and describe 3 types of disinfectants
– Describe the Kinetics of Cell death
– Draw and describe the kinetics of cell death for any microorganisms.
– Define Antibiotic
– What is a key component of antibiotics?
– Define Infection
– Name 5 antibiotics and the diseases they are typically used for
– Name and describe 6 properties that antibiotics should have
– What are 4 ways that antibiotics work?
– Describe and give an example of disruption of cell membranes as it relates to antibiotics
– Describe and give an example of inhibition of protein synthesis as it relates to antibiotics
– Describe and give an example of inhibition of nucleic acid synthesis as it relates to
– Summarize in 5 sentences resistance to antibiotics
– Provide 5 examples and describe 5 different ways bacteria can be resistant to antibiotics
– Summarize in 5 sentences how bacteria resistance arises
– Describe the pros and cons between broad-spectrum and narrow-spectrum antibiotics in 3
– Define an Antiviral
– Why are antiviral drugs not as common as antibacterial drugs?
– List and provide a example of the 4 ways antivirals work
– Describe how Antifungals work
– List and describe 5 examples of Antifungal agents
– Why is it hard to target Antiprotozoal Agents?
– List and describe examples of Antiprotozoal Agents (At least 3)
– Give a 3 sentence summary on the future of Antimicrobials (in your own words)
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.