The Response paper is brief, consisting of two paragraphs.
Total length should be approximately one (1) to one and a half (1.5) pages total. IT SHOULD NOT EXCEED 1.5 PAGES!
Paragraph one should be your summary of your feelings of the piece that you are writing about and paragraph two should be your argument with supporting evidence. "Supporting evidence" refers to specific examples from classroom lectures and/or videos of shows that you may be writing about.
Follow these five instructions. Keep in mind that the grading rubric includes the criteria called “Organization” which means “…following the provided guidelines.”
1) Put the following information in the upper left-hand corner of the first page
Theatre Class [for example, THEA104-010]
2) Give your RP an interesting title. This is the place to be creative in an attempt to draw the reader into your text. The title should be centered above the first paragraph.
3) You will respond according to the following template, numbering both sections:
Section 1. Summarize your personal and general experience with the readings, performance, or concept involved in your chosen question (How did it make you feel? Did you agree or disagree with its ideas, characters, styles, or qualities? Did it resonate with anything in your personal life? Was it difficult or easy to experience and why?). Feel free to use an informal writing style and first person. [125-150 words]
Section 2. Provide an argument (i.e. convince the reader of your answer) in response to your selected question in one paragraph using the following writing structure. The degree to which you are successful in following these guidelines will be reflected in your grade.
Thesis sentence —the “thesis statement” of your paragraph or what you intend to prove, including all of the pertinent information that may be involved in answering the question (like the play or performance involved, your key terms, and your assertion regarding the question).
Lead-in sentence(s) —one or two sentences that establishes the context for the evidence you provide.
Evidence sentence(s) —the specific example or examples from the class experience or performance that best helps you answer the question.
Analysis and Conclusion —this is the longest part of the paragraph, explaining what the evidence means and how it applies to your assertion and other aspects of the question.
Use a formal writing style, and do your best to avoid first person. [1 paragraph -250-300 words]
4) You have only a small amount of space so express each of your ideas succinctly. In other words, be direct and get to the point. Using vague, general language to express an idea weakens a paper.
* Every time you use the title of a play, like Romeo and Juliet, it should be italicized or underlined.
* Grammar and punctuation matter. Re-read and review your paper before submitting. Many mistakes, especially spelling, could easily be avoided by using spell check.
* Use action verbs.
* Vary sentence structure and length.
* Make your margins 1 inch on all sides and double space your text.
5) You will submit your RP as a Word or PDF attachment on Canvas on or before the due date and time before the assignment closes. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR PAPER FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE.
We will be unable to open it.
First Writing Assignment
For your first writing assignment, you will have a choice between three different questions:
Question #1 – You have seen HAMILTON. Using what you have learned in class, make an argument as to what genre you believe the production demonstrated. If you choose this prompt, go back to the genre lecture and make sure you pick your genre from those listed there.
Question #2 - Using Aristotle’s six elements, choose the best possible example from the production of HAMILTON and explain how one of the elements did or did not work for you.
Question #3 – Using HAMILTON make an argument as to what theatrical style the play falls into. Again, if you choose this prompt, go back to the style lecture and make sure you pick your style from those listed there.
The RPs will be graded on how well you follow the instructions, the quality of your evidence, the quality of your writing, and the strength of your assertions. It will be graded out of 30 points. See the RP Rubric in the Files page for more details.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.