Sperry poses the need for a comprehensive assessment informed by a biopsychosocial perspective when treating individuals with chronic illness. In our text, he identifies the formulation of the thirteen key markers that should be discussed with the patient during the assessment process.
These markers include:
1) Disease progression and impact of illness on functioning
2) Illness representation or explanatory model
3) Adequacy of health behaviors and exposure history
4) Early parental bond and adverse childhood experiences
5) Personal schemas and family narratives
6) Personality style or disorder
7) Family competence level and style
8) Religious and spiritual beliefs
9) Patient resources and self-capacities
10) Readiness for treatment and self-management capacity
11) Adequacy of treatment relationship with previous providers
12) Alignment between clinician-patient explanatory models and treatment goals
13) Phase of illness
Please select one of these markers and describe why you feel it is an important aspect of the assessment process:
Imagine that you are currently practicing as a health psychologist and provide examples of the way in which you could assess this particular marker in an individual that might come to seek services from you in an effort to cope with their specific chronic illness. You may provide examples of assessment strategies or semi-structured questions for any stage of disease progression. You may also cite and share existing screening tools that you consider helpful. Feel free to endorse any of the aforementioned factors or propose a different aspect of the illness process that you feel should routinely warrant clinical attention.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.