SELECTION OF THE TOPIC
1. Select Section
From the sections of our course textbook on communication theories, you will choose three sections to base your three Theoretical Review papers on. For the Theoretical Review Paper_3, you will work with the either: Groups/organizations, Culture, or Public/Media levels of communication.
You cannot repeat a theory you have already written about. You cannot repeat a communication level (textbook section) you have already written about.
The sections you can choose from are below and they align with the sections of the course textbook.
The communication levels and corresponding textbook sections on communication theories are:
2. Select a Theory from each section
From each section, you will select a theory you will research and write about in your Theoretical Reveiw Paper. For the first Theoretical Review Paper you will select theory/theories from (1) The Self and Messages (Chapters 4, 5, 6, 7); choose one theory to research.
With that theory, you should research how the theory applies to some aspect of communication of interest to you.
For example, here are some topics (sections of the text, theories, communication aspect) that other students have previously chosen:
The Self and Messages
Groups and Organizations
Culture and Diversity
Public and Media
RESEARCH OF THE TOPIC
3. Research the theory in the FIU Library data base "Communication and Mass Media Complete."
Find peer-reviewed sources having to do with the theory you chose and the aspect of communication you chose. You may have to play with the key terms and you may also have to adjust the communication aspect. For example, search "symbolic interactionism" and intrapersonal communication, or just search "symbolic interactionism" and from the results, search for the topic that is interesting to you.
It takes time to find articles about the theory and communication aspect; be patient and persistent.
ORGANIZATION OF THE THEORETICAL REVIEW PAPER
4. The two main sections of the paper are the Problem Statement and the Review of Literature:
Example of the Problem Statement
Here is an example of a problem statement, prepared by one of my students in a previous section of the Communication Theory course here at FIU:
You don’t need to do the annotated bibliography shown in the example.
Examples of the Review of Literature Here are examples of the Review of Literature: https://libguides.uwf.edu/c.php?g=215199&p=1420828
Don’t forget to write a conclusion paragraph for your paper; the examples do not show a conclusion because they are only showing the review of literature section of a larger paper.
WRITING THE THEORETICAL REVIEW PAPER
5. Required Content
In your paper, you will need to address the following questions:
6. Important Content to Include with the Required Content
In addition to those questions, be sure to think about and include some thoughtful discussion on:
Also, think about:
Respond to each of the above questions in relation to your preferred topic, and then write a research question.
Here are some examples of research questions from previous Communication Theory students here at FIU:
FORMATTING THE THEORETICAL REVIEW PAPER
7. Here is more information on writing a review of literature:
8. APA Style Paper
Each paper must be written and cited in APA style. A good source for learning APA style is: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html (Links to an external site.)
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.