Write 1200 words in response to the prompt below.
1. Define what you think “culture” is in one paragraph. There is no correct answer, so please do not use any definitions that you find online, just discuss what you think about this word. You will loose points if you use a definition you find in the dictionary or anywhere online.
2. In the next paragraph, describe some aspects about your culture, including how the circumstances of where you grew up, your family, school, identities, and wider society have shaped your culture. Specific examples and details will make this section stronger.
3. If you had the power to do this, what is one specific thing you would change about your culture (that would affect both you and others who share this cultural background with you)? Have fun with this answer.
4. Finally, write about an encounter with cultural difference (this could range from interacting with a neighbor from a different ethnic group or a different religion than yours to traveling or living in a different country). Specific examples and details will make this section stronger.
4a. Describe that encounter and what made it intercultural, and how you initially felt about the encounter and why. Was there anything about the encounter that made you uncomfortable and why (or why not)?
4b. Describe any challenges you had communicating or understanding the other person, or if no challenges, why not.
4c. Describe an assumption you held about them or vice versa.
4d. Describe how you felt after the encounter and why.
4e. Finally, based on your experience, describe one factor or characteristic that promotes a successful or rewarding intercultural encounter (maybe it was something you did, or something you realize you should have or should have not done). What did you learn from this intercultural encounter that might help you navigate a similar encounter in the future?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.