1. Outline the main principles of Modernization Theory, Dependency Theory, and World- System Theory. Were they seeking to explain or transform global stratification? What is this question asking and what is the potential scope? • Firstly, a task: “Outline the main principles of Modernization Theory, Dependency Theory, and World-System Theory”. • Secondly, a question: “Were they seeking to explain or transform global stratification?” • The introduction should only describe these three theories in very brief, general terms (e.g. mainstream and neo-Marxist theories of global stratification and development…1950s–1970s…etc.) and then make a clear statement on “explanation” vs. “transformation”.!Taking a position here (or arguing that the situation is mixed) is a kind of thesis statement. You are answering the question in a kind of thesis statement. It’s okay to answer the question in your introduction. The rest of the essay is about bringing in “details”, “data”, “evidence” for analysis, upon which you build your argument that “justifies” your position. • Subsequent paragraphs… Perhaps begin by defining what we mean by “global stratification” (e.g. social stratification on a global scale); then introduction modernization theory, and then introduce dependency theory and world-system theory. You will probably have to mention “explanation” / “transformation” in those introductions, but then it would be good to have a short but focussed discussion on this, even if summarizing. Primary readings: • Lesson 10 assigned readings (Lemert, Rostow, Gardner & Lewis). • See also Lesson 10 PowerPoint slides (use these for revision and as “signposts” to important points in the readings). • Lesson 11 assigned readings (Gardner & Lewis, Lemert, Wallerstein, Cardoso ! although you won’t have much – if any – space to discuss Cardoso). • See also Lesson 11 PowerPoint slides (use these for revision and as “signposts” to important points in the readings).
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.